On Saturday 22 December 2018 17:18:45 Kenneth Lerman wrote:

> I suspect that it will be very lacking in rigidity. The width of the
> gantry is very large compared to the distance between the supports.
> That means the gantry will tend to cock with respect to the table.
> Also, as you press down on the Z axis, the gantry  will want to lift
> on one side because of the moment caused by the fact that the tool
> isn't directly under the gantry.
>
> It's a router. It's not a milling machine. But my understanding is
> that you do lots of work in wood. It will probably be fine for that.

That is true. But I got tired of trying to communicate with him, no
customization would be discussed so I looked around and found another
machine with a few mm smaller x, a lot more z, still the 1500 watt water
cooled spindle with an ER-11 collet. Design to be run by mach3
(hock,spit). 4 axis also. The only thing I could not find with any
search terms was a 1/2 to 1 gallon water tank to bury the water pump in.
I might be able to use the plastic tub dishwasher packets come in but
its only a quart, might warm up too fast in the summertime. Anyway the
card's been supplied, should be here by the 3rd as its in kalipornia
now. I'd assume a 15 piece set of ER-11 collets from a different vendor
will be about that slow, quality unk as they were under a tenner for the
set. Submitted about 1/2 hour ago, but no confirming msg yet. Around
$1130 for this one including the collets. Looks like a better chuck on
the A axis too. 57 motors, 6560 drivers. Are they any good?