On Sunday 23 December 2018 05:32:02 andy pugh wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 at 23:50, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > The only thing I could not find with any
> > search terms was a 1/2 to 1 gallon water tank to bury the water pump
> > in.
>
> The only water-cooled installation I have seen used something that
> seemed to be similar to a CPU cooler setup:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhWldfNLdKw

That would likely work, but I had, since the motor needs the mass more
than the instant cooling, and I have seen some of those machines without
the radiator but with a gallon or so plastic tank the pump is submerged
in, so I had visions of drawer holding enough water to submerge the pump
fully,  gallon or so. It would really have to be working hard and steady
for a couple hours to get it good and hot.  I've an aircooled 1 HP, and
I've left it running on the table at 24k revs for half an hour or more ,
virtually no heat and all I can hear is the swish of its air. Dead
smooth, well built motor, came with the vfd thats now on the Sheldon,
but never found the round tuit to do something with it. Too big and
heavy to fit well on the side of the G0704. The collet may not be an
ER-11 either, haven't looked recently enough to recall.

But any plastic drawer is going to need to be pretty rigid stuff, water
gets heavy after a while.