On Thursday 12 March 2020 12:23:06 Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:

> Well, I checked the cable for continuity on those pins and everything
> seems to be ok. I still can't output pulses from those pins. I can
> only sense the direction changing. The only thing I can come up with
> is to shift to stepgen 1 and 2 for X and Z and leave stepgen 0 unused.
> At least until I can solve the problem.

Theres also the possibility of a damaged output gate in the fpga. they
are only 3.3 volt fpga's, and 5 volts is enough to write their obits.

I damaged a couple 7i90HD's until I put 7i42TA's into the setup for
overvoltage buffers, no problems since and they do give you nice screw
terminals for hookups.  My current setup has 2 blown stepgens so I have
4 enabled, useing 2 and 3 in place of 0 and 1. Thats a custom hal file
but no problem for me, and LCNC doesn't care if you diddle the hal file
to fix our stupids. :) So if there are spares, use them.

 - Louis D. Brandeis