On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 at 21:27, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just had a look at tiny g looks great.

I did try to implement a zero look-ahead finite jerk planner for laser
rastering. It was interesting, and I learned a bit.

It is easier the less general you make it.

Ideally LinuxCNC would have a 9-axis finite-jerk planner that handled
arbitrary kinematics with feed-override control.

Tiny-G is a 3-axis (I think) planner with trivial kinematics and no
feed override (AFAIK).

At the moment I would be happy just to see LinuxCNC handle more than
3-axis blending. It's in Tormach.

I have a feeling that kinematics is not a problem in most cases, the
kins functions run fast enough to be used for finite-difference
differentiation / numerical integration.
I am not sure about the more computationally intensive ones, such as
genserkins. (I think that is fast forwards, slow inverse)

--
atp
lunatics."