how is everyone working out jerk / jolt?

on a stepper motor you have a defined step or micro step (distance)

so if your acceleration is say 3000mm/s/s. (plasma cutter)

and you are driving a 20T mod 1 rack and pinion with a 3:1 ratio drive,
with a 200 step per rev stepper motor on 10uSteps

the distance traveled per step is 0.01047197551 mm

at 3000mm/s/s, the time that it takes from zero to the first step is

sqroot ( 2x distance / acceleration) = 0.0026422182 seconds

the jerk / jolt is therefore (acceleration X time for first step) >>> 3000
X 0.0026422182 = 7.92 mm/s/s/s

without the 3:1 ratio drive reduction, the jolt or jerk is
 13.72 mm/s/s/s. (or 1.73x greater than without a 3:1 ratio drive

I used to have my same machine set up with a direct htd 5m 20T belt drive
(ie each microstep was 0.05mm), with the same acceleration, the jolt or
jerk was 17.32 mm/s/s/s..... although the belts were rubber and no doubt
some compression of the teeth and movement in the belts took place

Firstly I am trying to check my math is correct?