Yeah, maybe this would be a good time for me to learn Arduino.
-Earl

On 8/22/2023 3:00 PM, N. Christopher Perry wrote:
I think that would be an excellent use for an Arduino.

N. Christopher Perry

On Aug 22, 2023, at 1:01 PM, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

I tried to send some python source code, an xml and text file as
attachments, both as the files and in a zip and got the attachment
blacklisted reply.  Is there another way so everyone on the list can get the
attachment.  I can put it on my web site but eventually it will disappear
rather than end up in archives.

John Dammeyer

-----Original Message-----
From: Earl Weaver [mailto:weaverst...@frontier.com]
Sent: August 22, 2023 8:41 AM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Emc-users] Reverse Pulse Control on Dust Collectors

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have suggestions what would be a good option
for reverse pulse control on my dust collectors?

I have 3 separate dust collectors that use (two each) air solenoid valves
to give the filters an alternating 100 millisecond (1/10 second) pulse
to remove the dust from the filters.
I have solid state switch relays (triac) to pulse the 120 volt AC
solenoid valves.

I already have this setup on my LinuxCNC Plasma cutter and have it
working with ClassicLadder in LinuxCNC.
It seems somewhat overkill to use a full LinuxCNC setup to control these
other three dust collectors.

Would a micro-controller like Arduino be a better solution?
I have no experience with Arduino.

What about a PLC?

Any input, or suggestions?

Thanks,