The best way to distribute stuff like Python source code is to place it on
GitHub and then every time you update it, send out a notice to tell people
what’s new and where it is.

GitHub is a free service and it offers more than just a place to store code.
It also offers bug tracking and a forum and you can even build a simple web
page.