On Tue, 15 May 2018 13:49:46 -0400 "William L. Thomson Jr."
<wlt...@obsidian-studios.com> said:

> On Tue, 15 May 2018 19:21:55 +0200
> Marcel Hollerbach <m...@bu5hm4n.de> wrote:
>
> > Do what you like, call the time here. I give this up. I deleted the
> > calendar item and removed the wiki content regarding the proposed
> > solution.
> >
> > I proposed this now 7 days ago, no one was opposed you even wrote
> > "I'm in on this. Already added it to my own personal calendar with
> > notifications etc." Now it seems that the wind has change 180°
> > degrees and we are from "I'm on this" to "I am against this".
>
> The change is likely due to conceptual vs reality. At first likely
> sounded like the best approach conceptually. Then in reality once
> applied, it was deemed to not work out well. Thus the change in
> support. Nothing to get discouraged over.

This is right. it's not the whole meeting thing that I am against. it's 2 time
slots that lead to 2 disparate groups. i don't want 2 groups. i don't want to
encourage things to divide up like that. after this has been discussed i
changed my mind on 2 slots because of exactly this point and i think 1 slot is
better and people just have to make it. 7/8am pacific us time and about
midnight jp/kr and 1am aus eastern time (and people in between have it easier)
is doable for most people. nothing at 2, 3, 4, or 5 in the morning (well unless
you re in hawaii or nz etc. ... but that's the least of the population).

i'm just saying that i see a slot there that can work for everyone if they make
a bit of effort and we don't divide people up.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com