On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:34:57 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 19:02:50 -0500 Michael Blumenkrantz
> <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:51:50 +0900
> > Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:37:58 +0100 Stefan Schmidt
> > > <ste...@datenfreihafen.org>

> > > how about.. rc2? :)
> >
> > I don't want to drag this process out unnecessarily.
>
> there are still bugs being filed on phab... and i was more making the point
> that re-spinning a tarball with the same name/version is not a good thing.
> "which rc1 do you have?" "i don't know. rc1!". :) if there is a re-spin.. at
> least call it rc2... :) i could have done a "re spin" for 1.8.1 (another
> 1.8.0)
> as no code changed - it was a m4 macro doing the totally unexpected. but i had
> to do 1.8.1 :(

there was no "re spin" as you call it. the tarballs sent to the list were
PREVIEW tarballs, and it was explicitly stated that they may or may not have
been the final release tarballs for those versions. you absolutely could not
have done the same thing, as you did not send your prepared tarballs to any
lists prior to doing the release.