On Friday, 16 April 2010, at 13:33:21 (+1000),
David Seikel wrote:

> I was a long time konsole user, but switched to eterm.  I gave up on
> eterm though, mostly coz it just plain don't play well with mc,
> which is a critical app for me.  Roxtem does work well for me now.

I've never had any problems using mc with Eterm.  Are you trying to
set $TERM to something other than "Eterm" by any chance?

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <m...@kainx.org>
Linux Server/Cluster Admin, LBL.gov       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)