I would look at the JLD404 from LightObject
(http://www.lightobject.com/Programmable-Digital-AH-meter-red-led-Ideal-for-battery-monitoring-P870.aspx).
It can monitor battery voltage, amps or count Amp-Hours and has two
relays in it which can trigger on high or low values of any of them. Use
it to turn off the contactor either after a certain # of Ah or when
battery voltage drops below a certain point.

--Rick