From: "paul dove via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 23-Jun-15 1:21:20 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] "Zero self-discharge"

Oh, yea, sorry I don't know why I was thinking magneticfield.
At any rate the rest of what I said is accurate I believe.There is no electric field in a battery. A battery is a chemical reactor. The reaction is called red-ox reactions. In the battery is electrolyte which can conduct ions but not electrons. Electrons must move external to the battery.

The potential in the battery is a chemical potential or the chemical energy.