On Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:20:32 AM UTC-5, telmo_menezes wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> The whole worldview is built on the mistaken assumption that it is
>> possible for something to exist without sensory participation. When you
>> fail to factor that critically important physical reality into physics,
>> what you get is senseless fields and the absurdity of particle-waves and
>> aetheric emptiness full mass.
>>

> Where does pure sense come from? Did it always exist? If so, how to
> explain that?

"come from" is an experience within sense, as is 'exist'. Explanation is
how one sense experience is intentionally translated into another.

Sense pre-figures all concepts, all existence, all explanations, not out of
enigmatic mysticism but out of simple ontological definition. It is simply
not possible for anything to exist in any way (i.e. in any 'sense') outside
of sense. There has never been anything but sense.

Is pure sense unitary or plural? How do you explain the observable
> complexification of (this) universe?

Sense unifies plurality. The complexification of this universe is the
proliferation and elaboration of sense experiences. That is the motive of
sense. To make more and more and better sense.

>> What this does is push physics into a corner, so that everything beneath
>> the classical limit becomes a Platonic fantasy of spontaneous appearance,
>> and decoherence becomes the source of all coherence. It's tragically
>> obvious to me - faced with a cosmos filled with concrete sensory
>> appearances, of meaning and subjectivity, that we reach for its opposite -
>> meaningless abstractions of multi-dimensional topologies and multverses.
>> It's blind insanity. We are being led by the nose behind circular reasoning
>> and instrumental assumptions.
>>
>> What if emptiness was actually empty? What if there is no such thing as a
>> particle-wave? What if decoherence is not a plausible cause for the
>> constellation of classical physics? Are the metaphysical assumptions of a
>> Universe from Nothing falsifiable?
>>

> Are metaphysical assumptions ever falsifiable? Wouldn't they become
> scientific theories if they were? Are your assumptions falsifiable?

My assumptions require that we examine falsifiability itself in the context
of sense. I find that if we do so, falsifiability can be understood as a
function of privatizing public qualities, and publicizing private
qualities. In other words I am seeing the idea of objectivity itself from
an even more objective perspective. In that sense I am not trying to make a
theory which is consistent with any particular school of expectation, only
to observe and catalog the phenomenon itself.

Craig