On 5/08/2016 10:11 pm, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On 5/08/2016 9:30 pm, Bruno Marchal wrote:

Just tell me if you are OK with question 1. The Helsinki guy is told that BOTH copies will have a hot drink after the reconstitutions, in both Moscow and Washington. Do you agree that the Helsinki guy (a believer in computationalism) will believe that he can expect, in Helsinki, with probability, or credibility, or plausibility ONE (resp maximal) to have some hot drink after pushing the button in Helsinki?

As I said, the H-guy can expect to drink two cups of coffee.

Once again, some amplification of the this answer is perhaps in order. I cannot answer your question with a Yes/No as you wish because the question is basically dishonest -- of the form of "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?". The question contains an implicit assumption that the differentiation takes place. Since it is this differentiation that is in question, the question is disingenuous: it can only be answered as I have done above.

Bruce