On 4/08/2016 5:52 pm, Russell Standish wrote:
On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 04:27:21PM +1000, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On 3/08/2016 12:01 pm, Russell Standish wrote:
However, we are being asked to consider two conscious states where the
conscious state differs by at least one bit - the W/M bit. Clearly, by the YD
assumption, both states are survivor states from the original
conscious state, but are not the same consciousness because of the
single bit difference.
By that reasoning, no consciousness survives through time.

Not at all! Both conscious states survive through time by assumption (YD).

Methinks you are unnecessarily assuming transitivity again.

No, I was just referring to the continuation of a single consciousness through time. We get different input data all the time but we do not differentiate according to that data.

Bruce