On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Bill Shirley wrote:
> After installing the boot manager, you can use Ranish, DiskDrake, or
> any other program to define your Linux partitions.  You won't need
> lilo at all.

Don't you?  You still need something that will read into the ext2
filesystem and locate the kernel.

LILO is also nice because it allows you to add "append=" strings, and
specify a runlevel for init.  Can you do this with other boot managers?

I know that you can keep LILO in the boot sector of the Linux partition,
and have the other boot manager load LILO, which loads the kernel, but can
the other boot managers actually load the kernel?

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>