On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, you wrote:

> Did the lack of Mandrake detected the full amount of RAM and not
> auto-detect a wheel mouse prevent you from completing an install?  I
> find that a little difficult to believe.  What other problems did you
> have during the install?  There must have been something a wee bit
> more problematic than that.

Vincent,

Gil is havinga problem with a diamond viper II and 7.1

The unsupported card is being recognized just enough to search for a
nonexistent driver and fail.

Since 7.1 isn't up, he can't read the proceudre on the user manual for
installing the framebuffer kernel, driver, etc.

And the "perfect" operation in 7.0 is a 640x480 VGA16 implementation. for the
viper II the Voodoo banshee he reported at 800x600 in 7.0

He has two computers, and I am unclear whether the other one will install on
7.1 or not.  I beleive it is a Voodoo Banshee which I have not tried.  My
Voodoo3 does not duplicate the Xserver not found behavior.  He has downloaded
enough, md5summed it, and even bought from Cheapbytes to apparently supply his
neighborhood with frisbees, but he maintains that 7.1 halts at configuring X
and Xconfigurator or DrakX gives him the same errors.

I am unable to duplicate the error of failure to find XFree86 on ANY of the
systems accessible to me, so I haven't been of much help.

Civileme