Why did Mandrake pick the most geekyist editor for a setup that is
suposto be easy for users?

Anyone else seen this joke of a program?

With Vim all you have to do is spend a half hour trying to get it give
you help, then scroll all the way to the bottom of a super long
whoopy-do list of usless keyboard commands that you will forget a day
after you use them. Please get rid of it!

Try ":qw" to get out and save what you just did WTF is that? Did a human
design this? That is if you figure out how to get into "insert" mode and
out of it again. GET RID OF THIS! TRASH IT! Ban it from the Net!

Couldn't use "X" or "E" for exit or maybe cntl-X or Z, no - had to be
big geeks and do it some STUPID way. What the hell were these guys
thinking? Do they live on this planet? Why does Mandrake support this?
Trash it!

Yea, I am pissed. All I wanted to do is set up my cron file ("crontab
-e") and that brings up the "default" editor. Searching all over to find
where the "default" editor is set up, couldn't find it. Another waste of
time.

I don't know who thinks this is some great thing, WOW! It has zillions
of features! It's not 1982 anymore, we have word processors that have a
better human interface than terminals did, get a life geeks! (directed
at the guys who wrote and keep updating "vi" and "vim")

Why not make the default editor a nice simple one, like maybe pico,
where the commands are shown. I can't see anyone using a command line
editor for much else than a few simple changes, there are better simple
editors in KDE and such. Damn that really pissed me off, and on top of
that you guys changed from "vi" (same stupid geeky crap) to "vim" (worse
geeky crap) in 7.1 did someone request this? I want to know who!

Figure if someone is a big enough geek to want vim, let them spend their
life away trying to figure it out (and how to change the default editor
to do it).

Thanks for the soapbox, I had my say (please forward this to whoever
makes these program installation choices, if he's not a big geek that
is).

Sorry for the bandwith waste, had to get this off my chest. Anyone else
feel like I do about this?