Actually,
I figured out it is just that: I must have misunderstood the point when
thinking that LILO boots an OS from the partition mentioned. No one ever
mentioned that in manuals and how-to's. However, when I copied
vmlinuz.suse and System.map of suse to the boot partition of the
mandrake it finally worked.
I first tried to configure lilo to boot the suse as other OS in order
not to copy anything as proposed on the mailing list, but it generated a
mistake in Mandrake Control Center - Boot and lilo did not recognize it.
I tried to edit the lilo.conf file manually, but the choice "SUSE"
didn't even appear in the boot menu due to the same mistake in LILO. So
I gave it up and did the copy.
Thanks for the help. I knew there is a way to do it nd it is rather
simple, too, but how would I suppose that the lilo does not grab
everything from the root partition I configured it.
Chavdar