I once had a conversation with a software engineer from a major anti-virus
company and he said "Of the 50,000 viruses we scan for only 800 have ever
infected anybody in the wild".

The story is self serving FUD.. I know - I use the same tactic myself.

The first question I ask computer users who persist in making stupid mistakes
and assumptions is "Do you have the box your computer came in?"

You know the response to "Yes".

As for the user who doesn't back up his data, he will someday experience a
valuable object lesson.

Let's solve the problems with msec and abondon the trolls.

Jim Tarvid