Hmm... well there seems to be more to it. Since normally you can use the
mouse services from the bash prompt too. I mean, since I'm only at the bash
prompt, it is nice to be able to mouse over a work and then paste it to the
command line. When this process dies, then I can no longer do that either.

I'm so stinking close to getting X to start, but no joy yet. If I use that
config took you suggest, it says it works fine in test mode, but then when I
try to fire up the xwindows it dies. I've been tweaking the config file for
over an hour now. It seems that the config tool is making improper lines to
the config file.