On Tuesday 28 January 2003 07:22 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> > Sorry to bother you, but we were discussing whether there will be a
> > future for MandrakeSoft.
> > After tonight I wonder whether there will be a future for us all and
> > the world as we know it.
> > I listened to the US-Amercan president.
> > I'm not religious, I wish I were. This madman and the options he has
> > scare me to death.
> >
> > wobo
>
> wobo,
>
> I watched the speech as well, but I'm a little unclear as to what you're
> refering to. What did I miss?
>
> Mark
A week ago a poll showed that close to 70% were most concerned with the
economy in the US.  People are out of work big time and the dollar is
weakening.

After his speech last night, people polled in the US are now concerned first
with the possibility of war with Iraq by a 2 to 1 margin.

It appears that the diversion of attention from the weak economy has been
successful.  Realistically, a government can do a lot more about a war than
they can about an economy, so it would be something attractive to the average
politician whose first concern is after all to stay in office.

Yeah, my registeredf political affiliation is "other" in a state where there
are Democrats, Republians, Independents and Greens.  When they offer the
option "cynic", then I will make a declaration ;-)

Civileme