Hi,

Due to a total loss of my working 9.0 system - messed around with
fsck.ext3 - I lost some config files and now i'm in trouble :(

I set up 9.1Beta3 without any problems and it's great! Now I wanted to
use Mutt together with postfix and fetchmail. I coould rescue the
main.conf of postfix and the ~/.fetchmailrc from my old system, so it
should work:

.fetchmailrc
--------------------------------
poll pop.onlinehome.de protocol pop3 user "1111111" with password \
                 "aaaaaaa" is wobo here
--------------------------------
Of course this is one line in the original file.
I have spoolfile  /var/spool/mail/wobo and that should do it but when I
start 'fetchmail -v' I get logged in at the ISP's pop3 server and it
tells me that 6 messages are there to be polled. Then I get:

fetchmail: POP3> TOP 1 99999999
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 4488 octets
Message [EMAIL PROTECTED]: reading 1 of 6 (4488 Octetts)
fetchmail: Protocol error in SMTP-Listener
fetchmail: SMTP connection to localhost failed
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< This is a multi-part message in MIME format...
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while polling from pop.onlinehome.de
I translated that from the German messages. I have no idea what a 'smtp
listener' (German: SMTP-Lauscher) is and what I can do. Google did not
help , I think due to my poor translation of the message.

wobo