Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

I'd never thought that sasl will be installed but not the libsasl-plugin which is essential to sasl. The plugin is on CD3 and urpmi installs it without problem. No further configuring, right after I installed the plugin everything worked.

How can MandrakeSoft forget this dependency?
Because it's not mandatory.
I count 9 sasl plugins in my package for sasl v2, you just install the ones you need. If you need sasl to authenticate with one time passwords, you'll install the otp plugin, otherwise you won't. The same could be said for all other plugins. In fact *none* of them is required (you could use the sasl libraries in a server and authenticate plain text password through saslauthd, which in turn could authenticate with pam, ldap or a couple other means).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Note.- This message reached you today, it may not tomorrow if you