> On Mon Sep 29, 2003 at 09:41:39PM -0400, Mark Weaver wrote:

[snip]

WinCE???  What are you thinking??? :)
What about the Zaurus; is it any good?  I was really hyped for the
Agenda VR3 a few years ago, but they died and I got really
disappointed.  I've grown pretty used to the PalmOS and I've also
been looking at Sony Clie lately.  A friend at work has a Clie and
it's really small but has great graphics - good price too.
I'd like to try the linux pda scene, but I'm concerned that I
would be taking a step backward as far as graffiti support and
apps and just general usability.  I really would like access to
linux tools though (ssh, vi, pine).  They keep trying to put all
these stupid "features" in the new pdas; they're ridiculous for
the most part.  I'd like something exactly like my visor, except
with a color screen.  I like the springboard port and being able
to connect a full-size keyboard (I hate those goofy little
thumb-keyboards!)  And finally, I want to be able to ssh into my
server with a 802.11b wireless card or a wireless modem while
still connected to the keyboard.

I don't ask too much, do I?

mike

--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                      (o_

"Fear knocked, faith answered, no one was there..."