--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A question of net etiquette has arisen.  Any comments as to how to
end contribution to a
> topic?  t3rinity wrote   "I'm out of here"

Actually I wrote 'I'm out on THIS'

> and Barry wrote the above response. The
> atmosphere is charged....
>
> At a party, one has many conversations, some short and some long (as
was the above
> exchange), and one excuses oneself after a particularly long
conversation when deciding
> to move  elsewhere in the room, or to get a breath of fresh air.
What might be a good way
> at 'Rick's Party' to excuse one's self, to move to another part of
the room ?

> How about, "Excuse, me, but I'd like to get a breath of fresh air" -
would that work well ?

I feel I have not offended or abused anyone. At the same time, I
reserve the right to get out of a conversation quietly - out of
different reasons. One reason is as simple as having not enough time.
Conversations are not between two people alone. So something once
started by me doesn't have to be continued by me unendingly. Others
may have taken up the thread while I may loose interest in the
particular direction the conversation flows. Maybe, at a particular
point, I feel that a conversation 'deteriorates'. Sometimes, we have
just expressed different viewpoints and leave it at that. There is no
need to quarrel or convince anybody. Why then going down that road?
Too many threads here have been just people defending themselves /
accusing others etc. 'You said this, no you said this'

There are surely some questions directed to me I haven't answered yet,
but I will never be able to answer everything. Besides that,
everything is just an opinion. I have this opinion, you have that
opinion, fine, I have thought this, you have thought that, okay. I
don't really feel it matters so much.