biosoundbill wrote:
> I fully understand what the word 'Sri' and sometimes
> 'Shri' means, it's used as a respectful affix to
> mantras etc.

All I wanted to point out, Bill, is that you have not
included any actual tantric bija mantras - you've just
been posting words and phrases found in any Sanskrit
dictionary. In fact, there are no actual Hindu bija
mantras, there are only Tantric Buddhist bija mantras.

All the Buddhist Tantras were composed long before
Hindu Tantricism was invented. Almost all Hindu bija
mantras are just phonemes or quasi phonemes overheard
at Buddhist yoga camp meets. They are gibberish, pure
and simple. Sounds made up to imitate Buddhist bija
mantras. To repeat, there is no actual Hindu Tantic
bija mantras.

There is only Buddhist Tantricism, that is derived
from the tradition of the Nath Siddhas, the 84
Mahasiddhas who invented Indian alchemy. You must
be going to a real Buddhist teacher who has been
initiated into the Tantra Yoga tradition - you can
learn nothing about tantra from an Indian pilot in
downtown Oakland.

All the Hindu tantric traditions are just so much
mish-mash, mixed-up, conglomerations of pseudo-tantra
invented in order to confuse the people by making
common household sounds a big secret - mysticism.

Selling water down by the river.

For example, the mono syllable OM is not even a mantra,
or at most a mantra by courtesy only. The mono
syllable OM is not included in the Rig Veda - it
was probably made up by a fakir who was stoned out on
cannibis indica.

If there were any Hindu tantras or bija mantras they
would have been mentioned by the Adi Shankara, Vallabha,
Ramanuja, or Madhva. The so-called maha-mantra espoused
by Chaitanya is just a collection so many words from
Sanskrit grammar books - nothing esoteric at all.