--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Probably not one person, in the whole history of mankind,
> > > has ever been enlightened by repeating gibberish.
> > >
> BillyG wrote:
> > You mean the powerful goo-goo gaa-gaa mantra? Agreed!
> >
> According to Marshy, it is NOT the technique that causes
> the enlightened state. The Light is already there, you need
> no other light to illuminate it. That was the big mistake
> made by the Marshy - introducing the mantras. He would have
> been wiser to have us meditate on the sound current - Shabd,
> the pure sound of Vac - and leave all the bijas to the
> Tibetans for their rituals and ceremonies. If not for this
> mistake the world would probably be heaven on earth by now!
>
> As it is, we've now got pundits all over downtown Oakland
> whispering non-sense gibberish into the ears of unsuspecting
> aspirants, leading them astray and attempting to convince
> them that someday they will be acharyas of secret lore.
>
> Now I ask you: if a secret word or phrase could enlighten
> the world, would it not be a crime to keep it secret?
>
> Forget the puja, forget the mantras, forget the SCI and the
> Creation Science - just sit. That's all you have to do. You
> are already transcending, even without a technique or a
> secret word.
>
> Sitting IS enlightenment.

Not quite, the mantras may be found in books but are said to originate
in the petals of the spinal chakras, (discovered by the ancient
Rishis) as such they have magnetic power to attract much like a tuning
fork once struck will induce the same vibration in the other and thru
the power of attraction transcending is made possible.

Once you have 'transcended' a certain amount, and the channels are
open, the mind is spontaneously drawn within to pure anandam. True all
you have to do is sit but don't forget Chitta/Vritti/Niroda...tut,
tut. :=)