<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> So like a lot of stuff that comes out of MMY's mouth, this statement
> doesn't make any sense.  It just reveals his contempt for modern
> science and medicine.

Well, I sure am not clear as to exactly what MMY
was including in the phrase "our tradition," or
what kind of exercise he was referring to. It
might also be important to know what *else* he
said in this connection, to have more context for
the quoted statement.

So it seems to me we don't really have enough
information to draw the conclusion you've just
come to.

You began by saying, "Let's look at his assertion
at face value." In general, I think the critics of
MMY here rely far too much on "face value." They
seem to lack the imagination to realize how
important context can be. Sometimes it can confirm
the "face value," but other times it shows it in
an entirely different light.