Vaj wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2008, at 5:01 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> > a person in unity according to your understanding no
>> > longer experiences life? My understanding is that one
>> > does still experience life, but knowledge is certainly
>> > different in that state. I don't experience the world
>> > as separate from me. Another way of saying the same
>> > thing is that I don't experience "me" as located in
>> > only the body I inhabit in this life.
>> >

>> Mi mi mi mi...
>>
>> Ahem.
>>
>> La la la la.
>>
>> same old song.
>

> This why it is important--some might say 'vital'--for a student to
> resolve such issues directly with their teacher. Have some questions
> as to whether or not you've attained the View of Unity? Ask a good
> teacher. S/he'll tell you, if they're authentic teachers.
>
> In the tradition I practice in it is considered essential to resolve
> "Correct View" (of the nature of ultimate reality) from the very get
> go. If you are amiss the teacher can and will help you 'trim your
> sails' or refine your tack. This is the great pitfall of commercial
> meditation teachers and their methods.
I keep wondering why people here continue to intellectually masturbate
over these states of consciousness.  Once you are on your way down the
road it doesn't matter.  In my tradition the guru just looks at your
face and from the glow he can tell you are getting somewhere.   There is
really no distinctions in my tradition between cosmic consciousness, god
consciousness or unity.  We don't waste time on that.  The goal is
moksha.  Sometimes the descriptions here would leave people somewhat if
not totally dysfunctional and that wouldn't be of any practical value.
But then blind men describing an elephant.... :-)