> Vaj wrote:
> >
> > In the tradition I practice in it is considered essential to
> > resolve "Correct View" (of the nature of ultimate reality) from
> > the very get go. If you are amiss the teacher can and will help
> > you 'trim your sails' or refine your tack. This is the great
> > pitfall of commercial meditation teachers and their methods.
>
> I keep wondering why people here continue to intellectually
> masturbate over these states of consciousness.  Once you are on
> your way down the road it doesn't matter.  In my tradition the
> guru just looks at your face and from the glow he can tell you
> are getting somewhere.   There is really no distinctions in my
> tradition between cosmic consciousness, god consciousness or unity.
> We don't waste time on that.  The goal is moksha.  Sometimes the
> descriptions here would leave people somewhat if
> not totally dysfunctional and that wouldn't be of any practical
> value. But then blind men describing an elephant.... :-)

You misunderstand our intent, Bhairitu. We sit
around and intellectually masturbate here on
FFL because we LIKE masturbation. Plus, we're
acting out of compassion for the elephant. Hey!,
elephants are human, too, and like a little bit
of attention. All these blind guys and gals
feeling him up gets HIM off, too.  :-)