--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> One of my favorite quotes from last week is this from
> Sandy Ego:
>
> Now I will explain myself, and please see if you can
> discriminate between what I am saying, and what you
> think I am
> saying.
>
> If he creates his world with his thoughts and
> perceptions, and, moreover thinks this is what
> everyone else should also be doing or they're deluded,
> then, how, in heaven's name can I know what anyone
> saying?  I can only know what I think they're saying.
>
> I'm pasting an interesting article below about a
> scientist who recorded her experience of having a
> stroke and then spoke about it on TED talks because it
> may shed an interesting light on "higher states."
>
>   I've had experiences of what's been described as
> "Unity," I can switch into that experience at will,
> but, for the life of me, I can't see that it is a
> "higher state" than any other state I've experienced.
> They're just states, useful for some things, not so
> useful for others.  And no matter how much my
> experience is that I am the author of my universe, my
> body still ages.  I'm a very, very long way from the
> time I had a job in a key club, wearing stilettos and
> net stockings while delivering heavy trays of food and
> drinks from a dirty kitchen to dirty old men.

Well, I don't know that there is really such a thing as Unity consciousness
using the TM
definition, but it is obvious that you are not and never have been in that
state, by the TM
definition.

I'm not convinced that such a state exists in anyone currently, or, if it does,
that MMY ever
was in it, but, using the TM definition, which you have implicitly
acknowledged, you are
not and never have been, in said state.

THAT said, I can see why you don't find the non-existence of the state in
yourself to be of
any value...

Just an observation.

Lawson