Vaj,

Don't Buddhists have this thing where a group of them get together and
then sort of have a boisterous debate about the nuances of a
scripture?  If so, do you know of any Web sites where these
discussions are translated into English?

The "missed" opportunity between brothers theme of this thread seems
to indicate that the brothers lacked this dynamic -- which I think is
the heart of scholarship.

Presumably, the Buddhists debates would be incredibly subtle and
jargon filled, but someone like me should find them accessable,
didactic and deepeningly insightful -- you know, what we'd have here
if personal attacks we're somehow stopped.

Or, erp, maybe the Buddhists use all the fallacious strategies too --
pray tell, Bub.

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "endlessrainintoapapercup"