--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Vaj,
>
> Don't Buddhists have this thing where a group of them get together
> and then sort of have a boisterous debate about the nuances of a
> scripture?  If so, do you know of any Web sites where these
> discussions are translated into English?

I'm not Vaj, but there is such a tradition in
Tibetan Buddhism. But it's not boisterous, and
it's not done in a big group. It's one-on-one.
Two students sit face to face and argue the fine
points of a very esoteric piece of dogma.

And the most fun part of it is that the teacher
often assigns each student the *opposite* of
their own point of view to defend. That's a real
kick in the ass, lemme tell you.