--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > And whether they go out of their way to actively
> > *create* suffering in others. To wit, the claim
> > recently by one poster that she's "highly empathetic,"
> > balanced against her often-stated desire to make
> > other posters feel bad. She literally *revels* in
> > the supposed pain and anguish she "causes" her debate
> > opponents to feel. If she were really empathetic,
> > wouldn't making them feel bad make *her* feel bad
> > as well?
>
> Turq, the interesting things you have to say from time to
> time are diluted by your need to tease Judy.

I understand that. It's just that she's SO
teasable. She has her samskaras -- she's RIGHT
about everything, and anyone who disagrees is
REEEEEEALY REEEEEEALY STOOOOOOOPID and
she's smart -- and I have mine. One of mine
is deriving joy from puncturing the pompous.
Mea culpa. I'm not sure it's gonna change.

What I say above IS true. She *does* revel in
the idea (the fictional and deluded idea) that
her posts cause the people she is debating PAIN.
She posts quite often about the anguish and
distress that her barbs have caused others.
She wraps herself in that distress as if it
has "made her day." She has gone so far in the
past (on a.m.t., if not FFL) as to say that
that's the primary reason she posts; that is
*why* she posts. She *gets off* on causing
pain and distress in her debate opponents.

So when someone like that claims to be "overly
empathetic," I'm sorry but for me that's a big,
red balloon full of gas that needs to have the
nature of its fragility and pretense demonstrated.

See the Subject title.