--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > As far as I can tell, human consciousness has not differed
> > > greatly from those people who lived during the vedic ages,
> > > or the time of Moses in the desert.  IMHO, the human
> > > consciousness has always been the same throughout the ages.
> >
> > I beg to differ, that consciousness has evolved along with
> > everything else can't really be disputed. Originally I would
> > have thought that we haven't changed much since we left Africa...

Richard/Hugo,

I was going to write a response to this earlier, even
though I'm running out of posts, that said, "You lost
John here, Richard. He wouldn't consider for a moment
that humans came from Africa. Instead, he'd follow the
Maharishi dogma and insist that they came from India."

But then I thought, "No, better to save my post for
something else. Even John couldn't be so out of it as
to believe that the Creation myths in what he laugh-
ably calls the "vedic literature" were accurate, or
had any truth to them, much less Truth.

Oh me of little faith...  :-)

> > then I read The Origin of Consciouness in the Breakdown of the
> > Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes and the world changed, many
> > things became clear that once were mysteries.
>
> At the present time, most learned individuals are relying on Darwin's
> theory of evolution to describe how humans have developed from the
> primordial organisms on earth. Pope John Paul II believed in this
> theory as well.  As such, he considered the story of Adam and Eve
> to be a myth.
>
> Nonetheless, as I continue to read the passages of the vedic
> literature, it is also conceivable that Darwin's theory may be
> wrong.

John, meet Sarah Palin. You two have a lot in common.
You're both ignorant hicks who believe in fairytales.

> According to the vedic theory, human beings were created as
> offsprings of the prajapatis, the universal progenetors or cosmic
> executives. In turn, these progenetors were created from the body
> of Brahma. Brahma similarly came from the navel of Vishnu.  So,
> there is a direct link from the divine.

I cannot bring myself to comment. I am shocked speech-
less that any intelligent human being, on this forum
or any other, would give voice to such superstitious
twaddle as if there could be the slightest truth in it.