>From David Verrill's book:

"By what name should we address
you? We hear some people calling you `Mahar'shi,' and others calling you
`Maharishi' — we do not want to be disrespectful." His immediate
response
was, "You can call me anything you want, as long as there is love in
your
heart."
With such acceptance, one feels comfortable, even the older school
devotee who asked, "A devotee of a Master, such as yourself, a devotee
must
`love' his Master very much, being asked to perform so much — so much is
required of him as evidence of his devotion?" Maharishi gave His
response,
"The devotee of a Master can even `hate' His Master, but he does as `he
says.'" Knowledge of what is necessary is righteousness — the duty of
the
devotee. (p.42)