> of course, the end result is supposed to be a total transformation
> of one's life, so expecting total devotion isn't too much to ask
> for.

Actually such a vague claim when paired with the concept that if your
life goes to hell, that is just purification and karma, does seem
unreasonable to me.

> i think the real question is on the seeker-- how do they know the
> master they are following is worthy of the name, and worthy of their
> total devotion?

There are many presuppositions in this statement.  I don't share most
of them but certainly defend your right to them! (Without someone
telling you what to do without questioning, that is!)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11