Nabbie's post below has created a quantum shift in my consciousness.

It really does take the cake.

Does this guy really practise TM?  Because if he does, I really have
to reconsider whether I want to be on the same path as he is.  What
he has written below is profoundly embarrassing...I've never seen
anything quite like it.  It makes me think: am I a member of the same
club as this guy?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_re...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
> wrote:
>

> > There's a bias in the TMO regarding allopathic medicine. It was
> recently posted here about the Purusha guy who contracted a
> respiratory infection while in India for Maharishi's funeral. He
came
> back to the states, didn't do anything other than meditate and take
> some herbs, developed secondary bacterial infections in his lungs
and
> died. This is incredibly stupid. What, did he think antibiotics
> would "ruin" his changes for Enlightenment?
>

> Dear Peter, what is so wrong with dying, even as a young person ?
> Death is perfectly natural.
>
> What is the idea behind trying to stay aliwe when we have already
> been dying thousands of times ?
>
> I have a friend, she is a loving, longtime-Governor trained in
India,
> now 90 years. She has had all the ailments in the book but wants to
> live untill she is 115 or 120 years.
> I happen to know that this pure being has the blessing from
Maharishi
> to do whatever she likes.
> She does not cling to life.
>
> I have a german friend from Purusha who caught some kind of cancer
at
> the age of 31. He refused any treatment whatsoever, left for
Varanasi