I'm gung ho on two non-profits:  Feeding
America (formerly Second Harvest) and Habitat for Humanity.  I notice
that there's a big food bank in New Orleans and also Habitat for
Humanity has an office there.  You have some free time on your hands.
How about giving your fellow man some help?  As you sow, ...

-----My time seems senseless but I improve the lives of at least two people
and three birds. We're signing up to be census takers right now.  I keep one
or two people sane. Wait, I'm signing up myself and one other friend to be
census takers, not my birds, whattyathinkiam batshit?