--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> I'd rather discuss the new, cutting edge stuff coming out at events
> like Mind and Life 18 or the Harvard conference last weekend, than
> lament over your spilt milk again!
>
> Of course should something eventually come out on TM that is
> reputable, worthwhile and new--sure I'd love to hear it. I'm
> just not holding my breath on that one. The same old relaxation
> response findings just aren't that exciting for those of us
> interested in higher states of consciousness.

An interesting parallel to the thousands who,
unlike some who found Maharishi's talks brilliant
and incisive, moved on to some other teacher who
didn't recycle the same mind-pablum ad absurdum.
Interestingly enough, the ones who never tired
of Maharishi saying the same old things are the
ones who still claim to find the "TM science"
believable.

It's just like kids, in a way. Some like to hear
the same old bedtime stories read to them over
and over and over. Others edit the same old
stories and try to find new ways to tell them
and new ways to sell them and think of that as
being "creative." Yet others grow up to write
their own stories. Call me silly, but I'm going
to reserve the word "creative" for those who
actually create something new.