--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> >> Unfortunately this is one area where the sages of the yoga-darshana
> >> (not "the Veda") are in agreement. Generally the type of people who
> >> subvert the angas are what would in western languages be referred
> >> as "black magicians" or in theosophical lingo "black brothers":
give
> >> me the magic, let me circumvent the virtues, they will come on
their
> >> own, just give me power, NOW.
> >>

> > Is that how you see the TM-Sidhis program?
>

> That is how the yogic tradition perceives the intent of those
> who try  to skip the angas.

So you're the spokesperson for "the yogic tradition"?

Self-certified?

These skippable angas seem jolly arcane for such a well studied
tradition as Yoga.

You need to put Wikepedia right Vaj, eh?

"The earliest reference to Angas (???) occurs in the Atharava Veda
(V.22.14) where they find mention along with the Magadhas, Gandharis
and the Mujavatas, all apparently as a despised people.

The Jain Prajnapana ranks the Angas and the Vangas in the first group
of Aryan peoples.

According to Buddhist texts like the Anguttara Nikaya, Anga was one of
the sixteen great nations (solas Mahajanapadas) which had flourished in
central and north-west India in the 6th century BC.

Anga also finds mention in the Jain Bhagvati-Sutra's list of ancient
Janapadas."

What's the instruction for "skipping" them?