Vaj wrote: I don't think most TM'ers or most meditators in any group have been
able to achieve the 'breathless' state which is indicative of Samadhi.

Vaj,

Define "breathless."  Seems to me that living is living, and that means some
use of ATP at the least.

I'm guessing that "suspension of breath" merely means that the level of bodily
excitation is so low that oxygen is not being removed from the bloodstream fast
enough to justify inhalation "for the nonce." The body will take another breath
when it needs to.

I personally love the concept of the bricked-up-in-a-cave yogi who is only
hanging out "by a thread."  But, however slowly it may be, the yogi is still
processing and using oxygen.

I like your stages of consciousness concepts, because I can, as if, see the
rate-of-oxidation spectrum they comprise.

But, is that the whole truth?  Do you think there's some sort of miraculous
oxygenless format of some stage of consciousness that would be eternal -- that
is, the bricked yogi never takes another breath?

Does God breathe astral oxygen?  Does prana have any utility in Vicuntha?

Edg