--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Vaj wrote: I don't think most TM'ers or most meditators in any group have
> been able to achieve the 'breathless' state which is indicative of Samadhi.

Ahh, I think I wrote that, at any rate see below...

> Define "breathless."  Seems to me that living is living, and that means some
> use of ATP at the least.

" *that man doth not live by bread only*, but by every word that proceedeth out
of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.
-- Deuteronomy 8: 2-3 (KJV)

What this means Edg according to Swami Yoganada is that man's life precludes
nutrition, the 'prana' that is the life of plants, animals and humans is the
real source of mans existence.

When during deep meditation the metabolic rate comes to zero, the individual
prana is withdrawn (not the earth prana) and man is sustained by pure prana
which is life itself! The 'silver cord' remains attached or the man would die,
true transcending is conscious death.

> I'm guessing that "suspension of breath" merely means that the level of
> bodily excitation is so low that oxygen is not being removed from the
> bloodstream fast enough to justify inhalation "for the nonce." The body will
> take another breath when it needs to.

Actually it means the breath ceases altogether and man is living by the 'inner
bread of life' a true state of transcendental consciousness.

> I personally love the concept of the bricked-up-in-a-cave yogi who is only
> hanging out "by a thread."  But, however slowly it may be, the yogi is still
> processing and using oxygen.

Some Yogis have been buried for years, (remember Autobiography of a Yogi?) and
resuscitated.