> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:

> > > Oh yeah, that famous investigative reporter Melissa McEwan
> > > of Shakesville's blogspot. Did she get the Pulitzer? I was
> > > thinking she might.
> > >
> > > I read it on the internet so it must be true!
> >
> > Do you know what the term "documented" means, Vaj?
> >
> > There wasn't exactly any need for "investigation" to
> > record the sexist attacks. They were quite open.
>
> Yeah, Vaj. What the fuck is *wrong* with
> you, dude?
>
> "Documented" means something you can provide
> a link to, something that shows *exactly*
> what the person you're talking about said,
> in their own words. Sorta like this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/pzhv6n
>
> Just because it's on the Internet doesn't
> mean it's invalid. Right, Judy? Especially
> if all the words quoted as "documentation"
> are accurate. Right, Judy?

McEwan provides links to the original context so
readers can judge for themselves whether her
descriptions are accurate.

Andrew didn't. Not his fault; I don't think it was
possible way back then to link to Usenet posts
(this was before the linkable Google archive). You
could find them if you were willing to spend quite
a bit of time at it, but he was counting on readers
not wanting to be bothered doing that.

He frequently truncated and/or distorted or outright
misrepresented the context of what he quoted. Plus
which, his quotes were taken from what were in most
cases extended discussions on alt.m.t, not self-
contained articles or segments of TV shows.