--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ben" <brbenjaminass...@...> wrote:

> > Obama has become the new Barry. :)
> >
> > Sal
> >
> I think they are afraid of an actual articulate educated black man...
>
> just my theory

Can't get much lower than this "theory."
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Nothing would have thrilled me more than to
have been able to support a black man (or even
better, a black woman) for president.

That's why I said in an earlier post (which
you didn't bother to read) that I had been
looking forward to Obama's speech at the 2004
Democratic Convention and was so disappointed
when it didn't inspire me. I was hoping he was
going to provide that opportunity.

I supported Jesse Jackson in his runs for
president; and I ultimately voted this time
around for Cynthia McKinney, because I wanted
my vote to be recorded for a black person,
even if it wasn't Obama.

Your contemptible "theory" clearly has zero
to do with anything you know about me. You've
only been here for a week and haven't even
been reading my posts.

What's behind such racism accusations, obviously,
is a terrible fear that Obama won't live up to
expectations. The idea is to intimidate critics
into shutting up lest they be accused of racism.

The charge is made by those who think Obama can't
stand on his own and needs some extra help, that
he has to be protected from criticism.

That's the *real* racism.