--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2009, at 10:35 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
<snip>
> > Yup. And isn't if fascinating that the person
> > who likes to pose as the person who knows
> > everything about everything doesn't know that
> > Twitter messages are limited to 140 characters?  :-)
>
> Yep.

Um, nope. You and Barry lose again.

>  I'm sure there's a certain art to writing like that,
> which I obviously don't have.  But most of what I see
> has been either websites
> (and I wonder how many actually look at them), homilies
> to, I guess, make your day a little brighter, or basically
> trivial stuff like in the cartoon.  I don't see hardly anything
> interesting and no connecting at all.  Does the internet
> really need one more way to make noise?

Basically, Sal, it depends on who you're following.

The trick is to find people who post *interesting*
links or who are doing *interesting* stuff and have
*interesting* things to say about what they're doing
and thinking.

It takes a little perseverance, but it's easy enough
to sign on to follow somebody for a bit and then drop
them if they don't have anything to say that you want
to read. Eventually, by trial and error, you end up
with a "stable" of people worth following.

I don't tweet myself, but I have a Twitter account,
and I'm developing a list of people whose tweets I
find of interest.