On Oct 1, 2009, at 4:01 AM, Premanand wrote:

As the phrase appears in the context of Maharishi's organisations, and since "GYaanam" roughly means 'knowlege', "chetanaayam" can mean 'consciousness' and "nihitaam" translates as 'placed', there is good reason to suppose this is the source Sanskrit. Perhaps it is not actually a Scriptural quotation, but if it is it would be nice to find it.

It's probably a post hoc adaptation. It sounds as if later pundits found the original source untenable, so they simply translated the English into Sanskrit. As you can see from the file I uploaded to the "Vedic Science" folder in the files section, the MIU catalog gives the words of the verse I had previously quoted as the source for the phrase "Knowledge is structured in consciousness", the motto of MIU. Since this verse is really about the "highest heaven" and "gods" and these ideas were later interpreted as the Unified Field of all the Laws of nature ("highest heaven") and the impulses of creative intelligence (the gods), it is also a key verse for the fabrication of the TM mythos that had many of us believing at one time that when we were "transcending" we were uniting with the Unified Field of physics!