On Dec 9, 2011, at 7:24 PM, zarzari_786 wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardnelson108"
> <richardnelson108@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Vaj,
> > Just got sround to reading your post on this.
> >
> > I continue to amazed (I guess I shouldn't be at this point) about how
> > egocentric you are. I mean there you are sitting in your ivory tower making
> > your high and mighty statements about how much you know about transcending
> > and everything else you talk about regarding buddhism, the hindu and
> > shankaracharya tradition etc., and you really believe you know more about
> > this stuff than Maharishi did.
>
> I don't know about Vaj, what he thinks about Maharishi is not necessarily my
> opinion. Yet Maharishi himself called the transcendence in TM only 'hazy',
> not final, what Vaj is saying is just the same from a different perspective.
> It is also true, that TM, through the use of the mantra, is substituting
> negative with positive samskaras, something alluded to in the Yogasutras.
> Maharishi greatly simplified all the teachings. It's okay if you take it like
> that, but it's also okay for some others to try looking a little further, and
> see the whole thing in a larger context, alluding to the traditions from
> which he drew.

Thanks for acknowledging that Zarzari. I simply did what I think any other
reasonable human being would have done: investigate the systems of practice and
philosophies of mantra experientially in order to gain the broadest most
undiluted perspective I could find, until I got the answers to all of my
questions.

Once you do that, and look back at practices you've done in the past, you see
them in a very different light in some cases. What hardcore TMers would prefer
is that I still maintain the boilerplate spiels I learned to spew on TM, rather
than be true to my own POV. They desperately want me to not speak from that new
perspective, but continue to regurgitate the schtick they continue to roll over
in their minds, as a source of comfortable illusion.

When you point out those illusions, it can create difficulty because it takes
considerable effort to maintain these illusions - and, in fact, you've long
believed the illusion were true. It's really uncomfortable when this is done at
a time when other illusions about MMY are being exposed and made conscious to
the world.