Interesting thing about being triggered. There is both a spectrum of responses,
and a continuum of attachment, wrt being triggered.

The more that one is unattached to being triggered, the response is done as
soon as it is expressed. However, if there is a strong localized me, the
[triggered] response is held onto, and judged, questioned, in terms of the more
localized and more identified me. It becomes an entire drama, based on the more
localized identity.

There is really nothing wrong with reacting to any stimulus, small or large, as
appropriate for the moment; being triggered. There is also no solution  to be
found, by questioning our reaction to something.

The solution is to keep being ourselves, and reacting as appropriate, and
continue to moderate our  response, or at least have the choice to so so, as we
ever expand our awareness [which of course means letting any current identity
go].